January 23, 2013

Valentine's Day Decorations!

A few years ago for some sort of holiday {it was either Christmas or a birthday, I can't remember}, my grandma gave my mom a Cricut.  Right after we got it, we all went to a "Cricut Class" taught by our neighbor Sue so we could learn all the ins and outs of the machine without having to read the instructions.  Ever since that day, my mom hasn't really ever used the Cricut.  So when I got married, the Cricut came with me. 

I love having it around when I get in a crafty mood.

Well, a crafty mood struck me the other night.  Alex and I had spent all weekend together and I was just in need of some girly alone time.  So I sent him off to watch the special features of Inception {boring!} and I started to work on our Valentines Day fireplace decoration.

Now our apartment has a super cool fireplace {which you only get on the 3rd floor of our complex apparently}.  It has wood all the way up to the cieling and is perfect for little paper crafts that can be pinned onto the wood {like our Christmas card display or the candy corn garland for Halloween}.

This time I decided to make my own little version of a craft I saw on Pinterest.  It was super easy with my cricut, but it would also be really easy with just a pair of scissors to cut out your hearts.

 photo IMG_0977_zps4cc72a15.jpg

 photo IMG_0982_zps2e4c31a6.jpg

 photo IMG_0983_zps13e0b0d9.jpg

 photo IMG_0986_zps63388b01.jpg

 photo IMG_0987_zps930e26cb.jpg

 photo IMG_0991_zps9f8d77ec.jpg

 photo IMG_0996_zpse876dca1.jpg

 photo IMG_0995_zps3a7250cc.jpg

 photo IMG_0999_zpsafdbce44.jpg

 photo IMG_1002_zpse1b6b313.jpg

 photo IMG_1010_zps9457dc19.jpg

 photo IMG_1012_zpse4b41482.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!