January 31, 2013

One Year Ago

One year ago today, my cute husband proposed to me. And it was a pretty special day in my life - I would say one of the best days ever. {If you have been reading for a while I made the big announcement here}

But if you know anything about our history - you would know that nothing works out like it would for normal people.  We do it our own way which is cool with me.

So lets go through the pre-engagement time and give you some details
  • I was determined to pick out my own ring - I didn't really know what I wanted, but we walked around and looked at all the rings.  We ended up going with the very first ring I tried on! I kept making Alex show it to me before he proposed {for the few days he had it before the proposal} because I was obsessed with it {still am}

  • Alex did ask my dad if he could marry me - But I was totally unaware that it was happening.  One night he came over and I expected to hang out but he told me that he wasn't there to see me {rude}, but that he was taking my dad to dinner.

  • It wasn't a total surprise - I wore Alex down enough that I got a lot of information out of him before the engagement.  I don't like not being in the loop so I asked him tons of questions. With that being said, I was still pretty surprised when he got down on one knee.

  • When Alex came to pick me up for the big proposal I was napping - Like I said before, I knew a lot of info, and we had talked about him coming over a little later.  So I decided to take a nap after work. Alex rang the doorbell {which he NEVER did} so I ignored it and hoped my mom would answer.  She didn't hear the doorbell so I got up and answered it.  Then after throwing on my shoes and a jacket we were on our way.

  • We had an awkward moment during the proposal - Alex led me out to a bridge, told me to close my eyes and when I opened them he was down on one knee and asked "will you marry me?".  I responded "OF COURSE" but then there was an awkward little pause while Alex comprehended that of course meant yes.

  • The first person I told about our engagement weren't my parents - I called the house phone - busy, I called my dad's cell phone - no answer, I called my mom's cell phone - no answer.  So I texted a friend with the good news.  Then I called my brothers cell phone to tell everyone {they all knew}.  So moral of the story - if you know your daughter is getting engaged, answer your cell phones and don't talk on the home phone.
Other than those little details, our engagement was pretty great.  It wouldn't have been a perfect engagement for us without those things.   Love you LB!
 photo 418942_10150549026483358_60_zps35e24579.jpg

Fun little side fact - we got engaged on the bridge leading to the some "camp sites" up Millcreek canyon and my parents got engaged at a camp site up that same canyon {different places but how neato is that?}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!