January 10, 2013

Office Redo {Again}

I tend to go a little stir crazy if I haven’t moved things around for a while.  Which means I make my own little projects around the house in order to easy my decorating/organizing restlessness. 

So I made a mess in our office, yet again {it’s the one room that I just can’t seem to stop going back to}.  As of right now, we hardly ever use the room.  But I want it to be useful for something other than a place to set our laptops.

And here are the changes {this time}

I bought two IKEA bookshelves to help store all my crafting supplies.  I love that I don’t have to pull everything down from the top shelf in the closet in order to find what I am looking for.  An added bonus is that the shelves add a little more excitement to an otherwise empty room. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of our Christmas presents was a shiny new printer that needed a place to call home, so I took one of the tables that I used during this rearranging spree.  So far it has worked out nicely, but that thing sure shakes when the printer is going!

Photobucket

At the moment, I am trying to figure out the best way of turning this huge sheet of metal into a big calendar/note taking station.  My inspiration came from I Heart Organizing. Ever since I saw this post, I have been trying to figure out how to make my own version, I will keep you posted in case I come up with something amazing. 

Photobucket


We scrapped our old filing system and created something new {this was done while my lame hubby watched football}.  I wish it was something cool, but it’s basically all filed in a plastic tub that we had on hand that fits all our folders. Before we had files in 3 different places and now they are all in one place.
Photobucket

The last thing I did was move all of Alex’s stuff out of the closet.  His golf clubs, snowboard, snowboard boots and penny board all have a new home in a closet that was full of cleaning supplies.  I made the move to hopefully create room for storage of things like keepsakes and photo albums.

It’s looking a lot better in there but there are a few things left to do:
  • Hooks for backpacks   
  • Make the calendar
  • Move that terrible Hundreds poster
  • Find something to fill the space between bookshelves {maybe a chair}
 Yay for office redo's!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you still have a lot of things to do in your office redo. Glad you were able to find time to redo your office. More power!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!