I couldn't really decide what to talk about with this topic. I want to try to remain positive so ranting about something wasn't the easiest thing to find the right topic. But I think I found a topic that is close enough to home that I can talk about, even if it is a little weird to address.
Bullying just needs to stop.
When I was in elementary school, there were a few different girls that "ran" the grade. Every one wanted to be their friends and all the boys wanted to hang out with them at Classic Skating {oh how cool Classic used to be in my hood}. But each and every one of those girls was a bully.
They would choose who would be in their group, and boy was it exclusive. It didn't matter if you were in their class, played on their Junior Jazz team or if you were friends with other girls in the group. If you weren't up to their standards, you weren't in the group and you were not treated well.
To let you in on a secret, I was never chosen to be in the group. And I was bullied almost every day of school.
It was terrible. I would go home and cry because of it. It was really hard as a young girl to not be liked.
To this day I don't think those girls know what an impact they made on my life. They could be reading this and have no clue that I am actually talking about them. But they made a difference.
Being bullied actually helped me a lot in life
- It showed me the kind of person that I didn't want to be.
- It made me be nice to everyone, even the girls that made my life miserable
- It showed me the people that I really wanted to be friends with
- It made me find my niche in life so I could find somewhere I excelled.
- It made me avoid a lot of bad decisions in high school that I am sure these girls are living to regret.
Bullying is wrong.
Everyone should be included and loved. Why? Because every person has value and is wonderful in their own ways. There is no need to exclude and ridicule. It is simple, just be nice to everyone!
If you are in the position I was, just know that it does get better. I look at my life now and am amazed at all the things I have done, and just think, I did it without being one of the popular kids.
You also need to remember that the popular kids opinion of you doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Just be you and don't change for someone else.
End bullying!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!