May 02, 2013

Day 2: Educate

Educate us on something you know a lot about or something that are good at.

Here is the thing – I don’t consider myself to be really good at anything, and I don’t know much about anything in particular. So this is going to be a post about how I Photoshop my photos to make them blog ready. Before we start - you should know that I use the program called Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0, not regular Photoshop

  • Open the photo that you want to edit
  • Adjust the view to "actual pixels" {it will be big but don't worry}
     photo Untitled-1_zps34c548da.jpg
  • Adjust the image size
     photo Untitled-2_zps33691177.jpg
  • Horizontal pictures are 500 pixels wide and vertical are 350 pixels wide
    • Make sure that the constrain proportions box is checked! 
        

  • Adjust the lighting on the picture - specifically the brightness
     photo Untitled-13_zpsb86470c8.jpg

     photo Untitled-12_zps2cbe1032.jpg
  • Adjust the color on the picture - specifically the hue/saturation
 photo Untitled-11_zps10713db8.jpg


 photo Untitled-10_zpsf40c0b10.jpg 

Some other things I do {depending on if the picture needs a little extra help} 

  • Adjust color curves {adjust sliders until your picture looks the way you like}




    • Adjust for skin color {I find this is best in low light}


    • Save the photo for the web
       photo Untitled-9_zps7db44243.jpg
    • Upload to photobucket
       photo Untitled-6_zpsfaf19322.jpg
    • Grab the html code from Photobucket
       photo Untitled-5_zps17793c31.jpg
    • Paste the photo into the HTML section of blogger
       photo Untitled-4_zps5fda5008.jpg
    • make sure to add <br /><div><center> and </center></div><br /> around the photo {the code should look like this: <br /><div><center><photo code></center></div><br /> }

    And now your photos are ready to be blogged!



    A few notes to add:

    • if you don't want to mess with the code of your blog, just simply add the image as you usually would and make sure it is the original size
    • if you use Photobucket your photos will not always show up on computers with content blockers {like at offices}

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!