May 07, 2013

Day 7: Afraid

The thing(s) you're most afraid of


Confession time: I am scared of a lot of things.  And I am not afraid to tell you about it.

I am afraid of moving water {oceans, rivers, etc} - One time I got stuck under a rock in a river and it has scared me for life.  Alex has sworn to get me into the ocean when we go to Hilton Head, but I think that just won't happen.

I am afraid of chainsaws - those guys at every haunted house and corn maze scare the heck out of me.  When we went last year I sort of got cornered by one and I started to cry.  I honestly don't even like the sound of chainsaws, that gives me chills up and down my spine.

I am afraid of Alex's driving sometimes - he is a speeder and I really just don't want to die in a car accident.  You can tell if I am getting scared because I grip the nearest handle to me.

I am so very afraid of heights - I get scared even looking down from our balcony! I also don't like watching other people do things from high up - for example, the window cleaners on my building at work repel down from the 18th floor and swing from window to window to get them clean, and whenever that happens I have to shut the blinds or walk away because it makes me dizzy and nauseous.

I am afraid of big dogs - when I first learned how to roller blade a big dog barked at me and it made me fall and break my arm. After that I was afraid of all dogs.  When we got a dog for Christmas one year, I was so afraid {even though she was TINY}.  I would walk on chairs and stay away from her because she scared me.  Eventually I came around to small dogs, but big dogs still scare me!

What are you afraid of?


1 comment:

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!