July 17, 2013

USA vs Cuba

I have mentioned before that I used to be a soccer player.  And so I enjoy attending a match and watching Real Salt Lake play.  Over the course that Alex and I have been together, I have rubbed off on him and he has started to like soccer too.

Last Tuesday I came up with the grand idea that I just had to go to the USA soccer game at Rio Tinto.  So I texted Alex and begged him to let me buy tickets.  I promised to buy tickets so we wouldn't be facing the sun and that were decently close to the field.  And after a little pestering he gave me permission to buy the tickets.

We went to the game a little early so we could grab ourselves some team USA gear.  Alex got a jersey {which he has been wanting for a while} and I got myself a t-shirt.  And then we sat and watched the team warm up.

Right around kickoff, the heavens opened up in a downpour.  Luckily we had thought to bring rain jackets but I still got soaked {even though my jacket is marketed as rain gear, it totally left my back and hair wet.

But we still had a ball and won 4-1 - GO USA!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!