February 07, 2013

Keeping a Journal

When I was 17 my mom gave a lesson in young womens about writing in your journal. After that lesson I went home and started a journal and I wrote in that journal every day for about a year and a half.

I won't lie, it was such a chore writing in that journal every single day. Most of the time it would be a super lame entry like "I went to school today and then to work" or maybe "my mom and I watched the Amazing Race today, I hope the cowboys win this season".  Pretty lame stuff. So I stopped writing in a journal every day.

Until I was shopping at Marshall's one day and found this cute journal...

 photo IMG_1262_zps7ac142c3.jpg

Instead of writing in this journal every single day, I have decided that writing by topic was going to work better for me {and if anyone ever happens to read it, it will be more interesting}.  I also have started writing things about both Alex and I. My favorite part of this new way of journaling is that I can write about whatever I want and it is so much easier than having to write every single day.

Some of the topics include:
  • how Alex and I met
  • Our favorite TV shows
  • what sports we played when we were younger
  • details about our wedding day
Now I journal a lot more often - how do you journal? Do you do it daily or by topic? {Or not at all}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!