February 15, 2013

4 Things - Family Vacay Edition

In honor of our trip to Phoenix today {we left bright and early and are speeding on down to Austin and Sarah's house so we can do a quick change make it to a wedding dinner}

Family vacations are very important to Alex and I.  We are both were lucky to get to go on a lot of fun vacations with our families throughout ours lives.  Here are four things you might not know about us from our memories of family vacations.

  1. I've spent a lot more Thanksgivings on Vacation rather then at home - and honestly, I prefer it that way.  There were Thanksgivings at Disney World, in Las Vegas, cooped up in the lodge at Zions National Park, and other places.  The pros of eating out on Thanksgiving - no clean up, more interesting memories and more variety {a big bonus since I don't like turkey}

  2. Alex's favorite place he has ever been to is Tahiti -  but it is also the location of his worst bout of sunburn, you should see the pictures - the poor guy is as red as a lobster.

  3. Guatemala was my favorite vacation ever because we got to do some pretty unique stuff - like roasting marshmallows on a volcano {using the lava} or going to see Mashiman {see picture below}.  Everything else was pretty amazing!

  4.  photo 400px-Maximon_-_Lago_Atitla_zps9da304e2.jpg

  5. Alex has started many new years in other countries - his family would go on vacation right after Christmas and so they were on their trips for the New Years holiday.  Even with the fact that he spent his New Years Eve in exotic locations, he still thinks its a stupid holiday. 
  And now we are off to a weekend of wedding fun - I will have pictures to share on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!