February 08, 2013

4 Things You May Not Know

It's time for another round of 4 things!

  1. If I could go back in time, I would not play soccer on such a high level - When I was younger, soccer basically was my everything.  I was at practices multiple times a week, had two or more games per week, and in high school it was a 24/7 commitment.  I loved the game, but it caused way more heartache and personal struggle than almost anything else in my life {sounds lame but soccer was literally all I ever did}. 
    • I probably would have only played two years of high school soccer {it was only fun my freshmen and sophomore year}
    • I would have played AYSO instead of club {I made more friends, got more playing time, didn't have to deal with team drama, I got to go to Hawaii - it was all so much better}.  

  2. Alex has broken his colarbone twice - Once when he was thrown off a couch {he was young} and once when he was snowboarding.  Now he can't handle being touched there.  He tucks his chin down and wiggles away from you.  He absolutely HATES being touched there, try it some time and you will see how much he hates it.


  3. I am a very very OCD person when it comes to studying - {when it comes to most things really} but as I have been studying for the Series 65 I have been reminded that I am definitely a crazy person. 
    • I color code all my notes {yellow = important; green = definition; pink = my synopsis}
    • I am very particular about my writing instrument {if I start taking notes in a blue ball point pen, it has to stay that way all the way until the end, the only exception is that I will write in pencil and later go back and rewrite in that same pen}
    • I have to write very neatly so I won't ever be confused about what I was trying to write
    • and I hate using other people's books/notes/study materials because it is usually not up to my crazy standards.

  4. Alex has said that a dream job of his would be to be a stand up comedian - Alex is super funny {just ask him, he will affirm that fact} and has thought that being a stand up comedian would be a pretty cool job.  So one night I decided that he was going to do an open mic night to see if he could really do the whole stand up comedian thing.  So we spent a few hours thinking up jokes {mostly revolving around stuff his crazy wife does} and came up with some good material.  And ever since then nothing has happened. {Maybe you could all encourage him to get up one night and do it! We would be fulfilling a dream!}
And there you have it - 4 things you may or may not know about us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!