April 24, 2014

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is a very special day.  Because it is my dad's birthday!

I love my dad.


There is just something extra special about a daughters relationship with her dad.  Nothing can ever replace that relationship.  And I am glad that I was lucky enough to have such an amazing dad!


Some of the things that I love about my dad:
  • He has always been supportive of myself and my dreams.  
  • He is reliable - you can count on my dad being there for you
  • He has always been a great influence as I moved from being a kid to an adult.  
  • He listens to good music.  My love for classic rock comes from him.
  • He has always taught me that I can do whatever I want.  
  • He can do this crazy thing with his hands to make them clap, he is the only one that I have ever seen do it and its fun to see everyone else try.
  • He has worked hard to support our family.  
  • He is funny.  I like to refer to it as being quietly funny.  Because it comes unexpectedly, but it is always hilarious.
  • He is really good at building stuff - like the kitchen remodel he did or the master bathroom he upgraded
  • He is a good teacher about important things:
    • Chevron gas is the best
    • you can't go wrong with a Toyota or Honda
    • it is important to mow the lawn every week {he always has an incredible yard}
    • you should keep a cup in your car for those spur of the moment gas station diet coke runs
    • don't forget to keep change in your car on road trips {you don't want to hit a toll and not have any money!}
    • there is nothing wrong with being a redneck
  • He has been a great example in work, school and life in general. 

The list of why he is great can go on and on. 

I really do love my dad. And I want the world to know it.

Thanks for always being there for me dad.  I am glad we have day to celebrate such a great guy!

  

P.S. This accidentally posted yesterday, but my dads birthday is in fact today, April 24.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!