Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.
This post might be lame and cause you to gag, but whatever. Blame it on the challenge.
One distinct moment in my life when it really took a turn happened in my last couple of semesters of college. I had been having a lot of fun in my sorority, made a lot of new friends and was asked to be the president. I had been sort of dating a boy who really broke me out of the "having a missionary shell" {gladly that sort of just fizzled out as fast as it started}. I had finally quit the job that I had for 5 years and was making progress towards taking a leadership role, and I was on track to graduate.
Things were already going really well when Alex and I crossed paths. Apparently I blew him off from January to April but he finally asked me out on a date. Things really started to change in May of 2011, in a good way.
Sure, I have had a lot of wonderful things happen to me since then, I graduated from college, took my first "real" job, got married, moved out of my parents house, and started paying my own bills.
But it wouldn't have been possible without that final year of college. I think I really found myself that year, I gained confidence and did things that I wouldn't have done before.
I think things are still going to take some fun twists and turns, but at least I have LB to do them with now.
And now for our very first picture together and a recent photo - my how time flies!
Ok, cheesy post done.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!