September 30, 2013

A Photo of Something Old {But Special!}

Share a photo of something old. Maybe something that has personal history for you, that was passed down to you, and that has special meaning to you. Tell us about it and why it's special.
 


That is a picture of a bracelet that my super great mom made for me to wear at my wedding {she put a lot of work into this and it is one of the best presents I have ever been given}. 

So what makes this bracelet special?

Well, the beads {minus the white flowers} are different pieces of jewelry that belonged to my Grandma Virginia.And since she couldn't be physically present at the wedding, it was really nice to have a little reminder of her on my special day. 

I always really loved my Grandma Virginia. 
  • She always had push pops in the freezer for the grandkids
  • she had these cool toys that you couldn't find anywhere else
  • she was always ready for a game of Chinese Checkers
  • she took her job as the birthday wisher in her ward very seriously
  • she had a really cool spoon collection, her favorite color was the same as mine {purple}.   
  • she sat with me and gave me gum when I was too young to ride all the rides at Disneyland
When I was in middle school, my Grandma moved into our house.  As lame as that might seem to most middle schoolers, I liked it.  There were some quirky grandma moments, but thinking about them always makes me smile.   I loved being able to grow my relationship with her during the time that she lived with my family. 

I love this bracelet.  It reminds me of Grandma Virginia and I can't even tell you how glad I am that my mom made it for me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!