An anonymous letter to your Facebook friends. Be as snarky as you'd like. (but don't include people's real names.)
- Pictures are great! - I love pictures. When I see that one of my friends has posted new photos onto their profile, I always look. It doesn't matter if you are family or a random friend from high school, I usually look. Especially if they are pictures of your baby. So post more pictures. But please keep them in good taste, there are just some things that I do not want to see!
- Quality over Quantity - In one of my communication classes, they told us some social media posting guidelines {so you wouldn't bug your friends/followers}: 1 instagram per day, 2 - 3 tweets per day, 1 Facebook post per day, 1 blog post for every week day, etc. With that being said: I really don't need to know EVERY single detail about your day. We truly do not need to be updated 10 or 12 times a day. So maybe just think about the amount you post per day. Remember, quality over quantity people.
- Just Say No to Random "invites"- I will wholeheartedly accept to be your friend or to go to your event {ex: wedding, baby shower, homecoming}. But I do not like being asked time after time to play you in Candy Crush, or to like a page, or to come to THE BIGGEST PARTY OF THE YEAR. I was kind of into that stuff when Facebook first came around. But now, not so much. The requests are usually going to be ignored so you might as well save your energy.
- Leave Facebook, on Facebook - Now this isn't necessarily a shout out to my own FB friends, but I feel like this one might be good advice in general. There is a time and a place for talking about Facebook. And there are definitely situations where you should just leave it out of the conversation. One time during Testimony Meeting, we had a ward member get up and talk about how she picked a fight with a random stranger on Facebook. That is just one of those times that you should NOT talk about Facebook {or really fighting}. Really guys, there is a time and a place.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!