Here is a random post topic for you today. But it was inspired by the make up series on Hey Natalie Jean. And I felt like it would be fun to share with everyone.
Confession. . . I haven't always been into wearing make up. In fact, I didn't really wear much at all into just over a year ago. I wore it daily, I just didn't wear a ton. I started getting into it while reading some beauty blogs {who recommended some items, that I tried and still love}. Then one night my friend Laura hosted a make up lesson night and I was hooked. I actually knew how to apply make up, and I knew what exactly I needed. It was life changing {ok maybe not life changing, but pretty close}. I also started getting Birchbox and Ipsy each month {a $10 make up service where they send you products once a month!}, so my collection grew and allowed me to have more products to experiment with.
How old were you when you started wearing makeup? I started wearing make up in middle school. It was usually the bare minimum.
Who taught you how to apply it? My mom was really the one to teach me how to put on make up. I remember sitting in the bathroom with her as she showed me what to do.
What was the first ever cosmetic you applied to your face? The first real make up that I used was clear mascara {real fancy right? }. It was a tool to teach me to get used to having something on my face without going too crazy right at the beginning.
What is your favorite feature, and why? I would say my favorite feature is my lips.
What is your favorite feature to play up, disguise or manipulate with makeup? And why? My favorite thing to put make up on would be my lips or my cheeks. I tend to look all on shade of boring brown without make up, so I enjoy adding color to my face.
Confession. . . I haven't always been into wearing make up. In fact, I didn't really wear much at all into just over a year ago. I wore it daily, I just didn't wear a ton. I started getting into it while reading some beauty blogs {who recommended some items, that I tried and still love}. Then one night my friend Laura hosted a make up lesson night and I was hooked. I actually knew how to apply make up, and I knew what exactly I needed. It was life changing {ok maybe not life changing, but pretty close}. I also started getting Birchbox and Ipsy each month {a $10 make up service where they send you products once a month!}, so my collection grew and allowed me to have more products to experiment with.
![]() |
| I don't keep my make up in a bag... so this is the best I got ;) |
How old were you when you started wearing makeup? I started wearing make up in middle school. It was usually the bare minimum.
Who taught you how to apply it? My mom was really the one to teach me how to put on make up. I remember sitting in the bathroom with her as she showed me what to do.
What was the first ever cosmetic you applied to your face? The first real make up that I used was clear mascara {real fancy right? }. It was a tool to teach me to get used to having something on my face without going too crazy right at the beginning.
What is your favorite feature, and why? I would say my favorite feature is my lips.
What is your favorite feature to play up, disguise or manipulate with makeup? And why? My favorite thing to put make up on would be my lips or my cheeks. I tend to look all on shade of boring brown without make up, so I enjoy adding color to my face.
Who do you look to for beauty inspiration? I usually turn to Pinterest if I need a new make up look. I love that I can type in "eye make up" and hundreds of pictures will pop up.
What is your favorite brand? My favorite brand is NXY. I am obsessed with their lip products, but I also use their creme blush, primer, and some eye liners.
What is your favorite make up trick? My favorite make up trick is filling in my eyebrows. I think it makes a huge difference! I usually just take a shade of eye shadow from one of my pallets and use a angled brush to apply. I don't do anything fancy, just follow my natural brow line and fill in.
How much time do you spend on your make up in the morning? On a typical morning I spend around 15 minutes on make up. I can spend more time if I am headed out for a party or date night - places I would want to try something special.
Do you always wash it off at night? I will admit that I am pretty terrible about taking off make up. If I do, I use a make up wipe. I have been trying to be better. But old habits are hard to break.
What product intimidates you the most? Mascara! While it might seem like a super simple make up item, I tend to have problems where it rubs off under my eyes, making my dark circles looking even darker. So I hardly ever wear mascara.
Does your significant other have a preference or opinion? If so, do you take those into account? Well if you know Alex at all, you know he has strong opinions about everything. Sometimes I take them into account, other times I don't.
Sephora/Ulta, exciting or intimidating? I used to be really scared of those stores. But now I love shopping there. I love wandering around and finding new products.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!