June 10, 2014

May Birchbox

Alex and I decided to start getting Birchbox again this month.  As I have in the past, I decided to share what we got and our thoughts.

Birchbox

 https://www.birchbox.com/shop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/b/bb25_385x385_10.jpg

  1. Whish Shave Cream
    • I have used this many times since I got my box, I love it!  It smells like grapefruit {so yummy} and it allows you to get a really close shave.  I would definitely buy this!
  2. Marchelle BB Cream
    • I used this every day last week instead of my regular foundation.  It is the perfect tone for my skin color and I really like the consistency.  But to be honest the $27 price tag for the regular product means that I won't be buying this in the future.  
  3. Cotz Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40
    • This is a tinted sunscreen.  I have used in on my face for 2 hikes and a day at the pool.  I love it! It gives you just enough color to cover imperfections and it is easy to spread.  The bummer part is that the tube is TINY, I wish I had more.  
  4. Color Club Art Duo Pens
    • I haven't used this yet.  To be honest I have no idea how to use it.  But I am sure that someone that is more experienced with fancy nail polish would love it.  The highlight is that the bottle is fairly large.
  5. Miss Jessie's Original Quick Curls
    • I used this on my hair one day last week.  It provides a nice curl and isn't super sticky.  I actually really enjoy Miss Jessie's products so I would buy this any day.

Birchbox Man


https://www.birchbox.com/men/media/catalog/product/cache/4/small_image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/b/mb1_385x385_9.jpg
  1. Coola After Sun Lotion
    •  This hasn't been used but I slipped it into our sunscreen bag, with Alex being a red head with fair skin we see our fair share of sunburned skin. So this will be used.
  2. Rehab Scrub Up Daily Detox
    •  This is an exfoliating scrub for men.  It smells nice and seems to work.  Alex actually uses a facewash that is similar and cheaper so we will probably stick to that {name brand from Target}. 
  3. Roosevelt Supply Canvas Zipper Case
    •  The best part about Birchbox Man is that you always get something awesome, previously from Roosevelt Alex got a wallet and a nice leather apron.  This canvas bag is currently in use.  I stuffed it full of stuff he always asks me for {chapstick, gum, tissues, a pen} and it is in my purse.  That way if he needs anything its in his little pouch.
  4. Afred Lane Solid Cologne
    •  I don't totally love cologne, but this one smells nice.  And its solid so that is neat.
  5. 32 Oral Care Breath Crystals
    •  This is kind of like those breath strips but in pop rock form.  There are multiple flavors and are good for a nice breath refresh in a pinch.
  6. Playing Cards
    •  This was a random thing included but I am sure we will use it in the future.  I mean, who doesn't like a free deck of cards?!
So that is a breakdown of our May boxes.  We have actually already received our boxes for June, so check back next week for that review.

P.S.  If you are interested in subscribing for yourself check it out  here - https://www.birchbox.com/invite/gvlxt


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!