December 30, 2013

Creating my Personal Mission Statement

Over the next few posts, I am going to be answering some questions I found in this post about writing a personal mission statement.  After I have answered all of my questions, I hope to create that statement and apply it to my life in the new year.

The first question is: what are you most passionate about?

I started off by looking up the definition of the word passion. 

pas·sion - [pash-uh n] - noun

1. any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate.
2. strong amorous feeling or desire; love; ardor.
3. an instance or experience of strong love.
4. a person toward whom one feels strong love
5. a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything: a passion for music.
6. the object of such a fondness or desire: Accuracy became a passion with him
7. an outburst of strong emotion or feeling: He suddenly broke into a passion of bitter words.
8. violent anger.
 For some reason, this was something that was hard for me to define.  I don't have an obvious passion such as art, music or dancing.  But I feel like passion doesn't have to be obvious.

I am passionate about my family.
I am passionate about laughing.
I am passionate about reading.
I am passionate about blogging.

I am passionate about many, many things.  What are you passionate about?

1 comment:

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!