Alex and I have had a wonderful weekend. Which we extended until Tuesday due to time off at work that will expire at the end of the month.
So we have had 6 glorious days off.
Wednesday we kicked it all off by going to a Utah basketball game. They won! And Alex caught a ball so it was totally worth it.
Thursday was turkey day. We spent it with the Harris family and had a lot of fun. After dinner we saw catching fire, which was very entertaining. {I only took one picture that day, it was a dark picture of our neice Scarlett, but we did take family pictures! Which may or may not be seen in the future}.
Friday was the most important day of the year {in case you didn't know}. It was my 23rd birthday! We spent the day out and about doing whatever I wanted. Which basically was eating and shopping. We took advantage of the Black Friday sales and had lunch at Porcupine and dinner at Flatbread {a yummy balsalmic chicken and prosciutto pizza and milk and cookies for dessert}.
Saturday we had breakfast with my family and then went to the final Utah football game. The whole Harris family was there and we all managed to sit together. After the game we went to dinner and had a slight issue with the parking lot {they didn't accept cash so we were fined $20}. So that ended up being a little lame.
Sunday my family went to the airport to greet my aunt and uncle home from their mission to Guam! Then Christmas finally came to our house {since it was finally Dec 1st}. Later that night we hosted a taco dinner and the annual Harris Christmas bingo game! {I got a photo frame and Alex got a pedicure gift certificate which he oh so nicely gave to me}.
Monday we spent more time shopping {there goes all our money}. And just enjoying some down time together.
Tuesday starting out uneventful. Alex went to school and I spent the day making photo books {which are going to be my Christmas present and I am SO excited}. Then we went out to dinner with some friends at The Dodo. {I mean, its two for one desserts on Tuesdays, why wouldn't you go to The Dodo?}
Tuesday starting out uneventful. Alex went to school and I spent the day making photo books {which are going to be my Christmas present and I am SO excited}. Then we went out to dinner with some friends at The Dodo. {I mean, its two for one desserts on Tuesdays, why wouldn't you go to The Dodo?}
Things got real interesting when we got home from dinner. My car hadn't moved since I got home from work on Wednesday. And with the snow storm, it was blanketed in snow and ice. So Alex and I got out, scrapped off all the snow and the ice. I remembered that I needed gas, so Alex was super nice and said he would go get it for me. I was going to go up to our apartment while he was gone and get the Utah basketball game ready for him on tv. But as I walked over to his car, I realized it was locked. And that my cell phone and keys were inside. I tried to run after Alex as he drove away so he could unlock the doors, but as I was running, I slipped and fell on the ice {our parking lot is a death trap in the winter, be careful if you ever come visit}. So there I was, stuck without a phone, out in the cold. It was too late to go knocking on people's doors and the office of our complex was already closed. So I just waited. Outside in the cold. Alex felt really bad when he came back. But it really isn't his fault. Just some pure dumb luck.
How was your weekend?!






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!