February 11, 2014

A Day Planner Update

In June I posted about my love for starting the new year off with a day planner.  And here I am, in February, using that very same day planner and still loving it!  And I am doing a whole lot better implementing it now than I was in June.

There are a few ways that I am doing better and I thought that it would be nice to share them on this little blog just in case you are looking for some unsolicited advice about how to plan your days out.

{Please note, I am well aware that my phone is fancy and has a calender/task manager loaded right on it, but there is just something about writing it down on actual paper that gets me more organized.   So I carry this around with me everywhere I go}


  1. Weekly Goal - Alex and I have a weekly chat on Sundays and it has made me decide to implement something I could work on during the week to better our lives.  This week was inspired by something that comes up quite a bit in our little chat: the fact that I can get a little bit bossy.  I am always trying to remember not to boss that man of mine around. {he always does what I ask because he loves me, but sometimes I wonder when he will stop being so nice!}
  2. Meal Planning - One of my goals this year was to become a better cook and to eat healthier.  That took some time to implement.  By determining which meals I was going to make for every day of the week, grocery shopping went better, our lives included a lot less chicken tacos, and I had less of an urge to just say "lets go grab dinner" since I knew what the plan was for the night.  So in case you are wondering this week we will be having: BBQ chicken lettuce wraps; Avocado, Mozzarella, Bruschetta Chicken; Creamy Chicken Skillet, and Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
  3. Events - I make sure to include all random events that I could attend.  Sure I work during the day Friday, but my ward is going to clean the temple which could be useful if someone needed to know!
  4. Birthdays - I used to leave birthday remembering up to Alex for his family but after multiple missing of birthdays {by months sometimes, sorry guys}, I decided to keep track.  So far we have just had Sarah with a birthday, and we were still late but that is what she gets for living in Arizona.
  5. Blog Posts - I also like to have a list of posts planned out.  I haven't really gotten into an every day grove with this but it has helped me not go into it blind the night before I want a post to be up.

So that is how I use my day planner - do you have any great ideas that would make my life even more organized? I would love to hear them!


1 comment:

  1. I love how you write out your dinners. I LOVE writing in a planner too, and I am definitely going to start planning out our meals better. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!