"Marriage isn't easy" is something you hear a lot. But I want to say, I think if you find the right person it is 100% worth it.
Marriage just takes work, like all other kinds of relationships.
A little while ago Alex and I got in a fight, which doesn't happen very often. I had to go to a wedding, but there was a Real game on that same night. He wanted to watch with friends, but I wanted to stay somewhere close so I could run off to the wedding and be back quickly. But he kept ignoring my wishes and was making plans for the night that he wanted, which made me mad. In turn, I made him mad for "springing" this entire thing on him and then making the decision to just stay at our apartment rather than going with him. So we argued and then I gave him the good old fashioned silent treatment while watching the game at our apartment {sans friends}.
It was a dumb, pointless fight that didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. {Which are the only kinds of things we really fight about}.
After I got home from the wedding, everything was just fine and we laughed about how lame we were for fighting.
Ever since that fight I have been looking for moments in which I know that I love my husband. The creep up at you out of nowhere. Like when I wake up before him and see him sleeping {he sleeps in a cute position}, or when I looked out our kitchen window as I was cleaning up dinner and he flashes me a smile, or when he makes me laugh or when he rolls his eyes because I went to Target for the fourth time that week.
If I try to make an effort to notice those moments and focus on them, rather than letting things annoy me, our marriage is easy. We have lots of fun in those moments and that is what I think is the best part about marriage. Getting those small reminders of why you picked that person.
So don't let the "marriage isn't easy" thing scare you, because marriage is always worth it.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!