June 11, 2013

May Birchbox

Have you guys heard of Birchbox? Its my latest obsession.  Birchbox is a $10 subscription service for beauty products - according to their website Birchbox is:

Birchbox is the leading discovery commerce platform. We are redefining the retail process by offering consumers a unique and personalized way to discover, learn about, and shop the best beauty, grooming, and lifestyle products on the market.

Each month, you'll receive a selection of samples that we’ve tried (and retried) ourselves. We source our samples from both well-known brands and emerging gems. The women’s subscription includes everything from skincare to makeup, as well as fun non-beauty extras. The men’s subscription delivers top-tier grooming products in addition to lifestyle accessories ranging from hip socks to tech accessories. Check out the ever-growing list of products in our Women’s Shop and Men’s Shop.

On one of the blogs that I follow did a post about Birchbox.  If you remember, I am trying to branch out, so I thought this would be a fun way to do that.  So I hopped on over to their site and signed up for my very own box. I went through a quick checklist of things that I wanted in my box: like nail polish and lip gloss but NO perfume. And a few weeks later one arrived in my mailbox!
My first birchbox was full of some items I loved and some items that I have yet to use.


 1. Cargo Water Resistant Blush - this sample was amazing, as soon as my sample is near the end I am going to be ordering this for my make up supply.  My skin basically has one color - brown {I wish I had the color in my cheeks that Alex does} so blush gets used everyday.  Being the cheapo that I am, I have only used drug store brands which comes off easily.  But this stuff is like magic.  It lasts and lasts and lasts.  It lasted when I sweat like crazy on a hike, it lasted in the swimming pool.  Its amazing!

2. Coola Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Sunscreen (for the face) - I haven't given this a chance yet, but with a red head in the family, we can never have enough sunscreen.  I threw it in our sunscreen bag which we take everywhere {from bike rides to golf games to Bear Lake}.  So it will be used!
3. Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls - this is another sample that I loved.  My hair is naturally curly but left to its own devices, it goes frizzy and afro like.  So I use a little gel to keep it in place.  This gel is not sticky and doesn't make your hair look wet and crunchy.  I would recommend it to any of you curly haired gals {it is $22 a bottle so I am a little hesitant to pull the trigger just yet}.

4. Marvis Toothpaste - just like the sunscreen, this hasn't been used. But it is a travel size tube so I just popped it into my toiletries bag. One day either myself or Alex will use it.

5. Pilot Pen - pretty random, but I threw it in my purse and have used it a few times.  I won't ever say no to free stuff!

The June Birchbox should be showing up on my doorstep any day now, so I will provide an update when I get those fun items! I also signed up Alex for the Mens Box and we can't wait to see what he gets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!