Did you know that the second most common bone that kids break is their arm? Well I was one of those lucky children to experience the pain of a broken arm.
One day, my mom and I went out to try out my new roller blades that I had just gotten for Easter. My mom was walking along side me as I skated down the sidewalk. When we were just about to turn the corner to get to my house, we passed a long fence. Behind that fence was a big dog that started barking. The dogs' bark startled me and I started falling because of the roller blades. I fell back onto my arm and it broke. {Not only did I break my arm, this started a lifelong fear of dogs}.
My mom scooped me up and ran me back to our house so they could take me to the hospital. When we arrived at the hospital, they determined that my bone would need to be set in place before they could do anything else. After all of that was taken care of, they put on my cast {I had a big pink cast up past my elbow, but then later downgraded to a smaller purple wrist cast}. And the doctor sent me on my way.
Have you ever broken your arm?
P.S. I also broke my ankle as a child - read that story here.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!