There seemed to be a theme in the gifts that Alex and I received from our parents for Christmas this year. They both bought us very pretty pieces of art that we can hang in our home for years to come.
My parents gave us the picture by Eugene Burnand titled "The Disciples Peter And John Running To The Sepulcher On The Morning Of The Resurrection". The painting depicts two disciples running towards the tomb after they have heard the news that Christ has been resurrected. I really like this picture because of the emotions that are written all over the faces of the two men. One is excited and one looks like he can't believe what is happening. When I first looked at the painting, it made me wonder what my expression would have been if I had been there that day. I also like that they are in motion - they are running to the Savior and won't be stopped until they see him. Every time I look at this painting, I find something new to love.
Alex's parents gave us a copy of Brian Kershisnik's "She Will Find What is Lost". This is a piece of art that they have hanging in their home and shared with all of the children. The painting depicts an army of angles coming down from Heaven and touching a woman. I love this picture because of the great detail in the angels - it shows many different ages, genders, skin tones, and hair colors. The reason that I like the depiction of angels is that is shows there are many different people in Heaven willing to come down when you need them. I also find myself constantly looking at the woman they are touching. She could have a variety of issues or concerns, but she appears to be calm. She knows that she is going to find what she has lost. There are many different things that you can get out of this picture - so many expressions, faces and potential stories behind the painting. That is why I really enjoy this picture, there are endless meanings.
I can't wait to find a place to hang these in our current home and in our future homes. When you come over, I would love to hear your thoughts!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!