Because I don't have a lesson break down from young women's this week, I have decided to take this weeks Monday post and dedicate it to explaining what a baby blessing is.
A baby blessing is a priesthood ordinance that is preformed by a father (or the closest priesthood holder in the child's life).
When giving the blessing only priesthood holders can participate that have been invited by the family {typically family members and close friends}. The men gather in a circle and hold the baby.
The person who gives the blessing:
1. Addresses Heavenly Father.
2. States that the blessing is given by the authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood.
3. Gives the child a name.
4.Gives a priesthood blessing as the Spirit directs.
5. Closes in the name of Jesus Christ.
Austin did a wonderful job when he blessed baby Jackson. He gave him specific directions and hopes for Jackson as he moved through life {he spoke about education, serving a mission, and finding a spouse}.
I love baby blessings and baby Jackson is just the cutest!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!