January 05, 2016

Making goals in 2016


source


Every year Alex gripes about people saying "new year, new me", he argues that you don't change just because the calendar switches from December 2015 to January 2016 . The man has a point, but I do like the fresh start that January can give us. And I love that it allows me to set goals and make positive changes in my life. I am not afraid to fail and I am not expecting success, but I like having goals that will allow me to grow.
  1. #getfit: This has been on my list of resolutions for years. I might as well come up with a list of lifelong resolutions so I can stop writing this one down every year. But this is the year I really and truly want to make a change. It is time to actually get fit!
  2. Meal Plan: We tend to eat healthier and more filling meals if I take the time to plan out what we are having for dinner each week.  And if I have a meal decided upon, it won't be as easy to say "we have nothing to eat, let's go get McDonalds".
  3. Drink more water: Every article I have read about losing weight mentions drinking more water, so the experts must be onto something. My goal is to cut back {or maybe even cut out} on soda and drink water more regularly.  I recently acquired a Hydro Flask water bottle and my life has changed.  Now drinking 64 oz a day is a breeze!
  4. Save money: Alex and I were able to accomplish a big goal of adding to our savings and buying a house. Now that we are more settled home wise {yay for no more apartment living!}, there are other big goals on the horizon that will require money. And it can never hurt to have some money in our bank account for emergencies.
  5. Unplug: I want to be more present in my every day life. I want to be able to sit at home and not be glued to the screen of my phone while I ignore the big screen of the TV in the background. I want to talk to my husband and not be too distracted by Instagram. So I hope to put my phone down and ignore social media for a change.
 2015 was good to us. We were able to travel, spend time together, and accomplish some huge goals. I have high hopes for 2016 and can't wait to make progress on my resolutions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!