November 11, 2015

An empty house

We have officially moved into our first home after receiving the keys on October 28.  Alex and I took that week off so we could move and get settled.  It was a great decision for us because it allowed us to get everything moved and unpacked so we weren't living in boxes.  It was exhausting, but I would not change a thing.

Right after we got the keys, I grabbed my camera and took photos while the house was empty.  I wanted to be able to look back in the future and have something to compare it to. The house already looks totally different, and I will be sure to share photos as things move along.

A few notes:

  • All of the interior walls are the same color {it's called Siberia and it is a "greige" color that changes based on light or furniture}.
  • We chose to go with brown cabinets which I love!
  • We have a few flooring materials: 
    • wood laminate in the entry, kitchen and dining
    • carpet in the living room and upstairs
    • tile in the mudroom, laundry room and bathrooms.

the exterior {minus the house number for the creepers}

 a blurry photo of the entryway: to the immediate left is a closet and down the hall is the door to the unfinished basement {Between photographing the exterior and walking in the front door, I turned off the auto focus, so please excuse the blurry photo of our entry.}


when you walk down the hall, there is the great room, I am taking this picture from the wall of the living room and am looking south at the kitchen and dining area {for a blurry visual, I am by the window in the photo above}

To the right of the kitchen there is a mudroom, powder bath {not pictured because it is tiny} and a laundry room.

heading up the stairs to the bedrooms and found this guy

The first door on the right upstairs is the hall bathroom that serves 3 bedrooms

Just past the bathroom door is the "front bedroom" with lots of great windows

Next door is the room we will use as a guest bedroom

 Across the hall is the room we are using for crafts and as our office


Down the hall is the master bedroom which is huge, but we love it.

Through the door on the left is our master bathroom and {not pictured} walk in closet

And that is our empty home tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!