September 25, 2015

Happy birthday Sobe!!

Happy birthday Sobe!

I can't believe that she is turning the ripe ol' age of 15 {which is 105 in dog years}.


Sobe {like the drink} came into our lives on Christmas Day.  A few weeks before Christmas, my parents set up this HUGE box in front of our tree that was filled with rocks. My brother and I were dying to know what was inside. As soon as we could, we ripped open the box to find dog food.  We were both confused and disappointed... until we were told there was a dog waiting for us in the bathroom. 

Me and Sobe didn't get off to a good start.  I am scared of dogs which caused a lot of the problems.  I would walk around on the furniture so I wouldn't be near her and I stopped using spoons after I saw my mom dish up a bowl of dog food.  After a while my mom had had it, she wasn't going to keep the dog if we didn't like her.  But I didn't want to give the puppy away, so I slowly started walking on the ground and using spoons.  15 years later, I love that dog more than most people.

There are so many reasons that I love my puppy, here are a few:
  • She comes to greet you every time you come into the house.  If you are coming in through the garage, she even sticks her head out the doggy door.  There is not much like coming home from a vacation to an excited Sobe.
  • She sits on an ottoman near the front door to look out the window.  Every morning as I would leave for school I would look back and see her cute little face.  And now, each time I come to visit, she is there waiting.
  • She can shake, roll over, play dead and dance.  But most importantly, she gives high fives.
  • Alex loves to feed her chips so she chomps on things, it has been fun to see him start to love our family dog.
  • I loved having her sleep in my bed with me growing up.  She likes my mom the most, so she didn't always sleep in my room.  But when she did, it was the best.
  • She is just the best dog ever!

Happy birthday Sober dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!