October 15, 2014

Children's Books

Last Saturday I helped throw a shower for our fun Young Women's president Katie.  She is due to have a sweet baby boy this week {fingers crossed for her}.  So the presidency wanted to shower her and that new boy. 

A while back, I decided that I liked giving books at baby showers.  There are a few reasons behind that:

1) I really love books and was an avid reader as a child
2) I know kids love book
3) I have been told they are expensive and not something people think to spend money on when diapers, clothing, food is required.

Here are some of the ones that I like to give as presents:




Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day This book happens to be Alex's favorite book.  And it is also one that I really like.  It is a hit with boys.  And its being made into a movie!



Oh The Places You'll Go!: This book has a great lesson.  Everyone faces hurdles but there is fun to be had on the way. (This also works as a book for a high school or college graduate).




The Very Hungry Caterpillar: This is a classic that many people remember reading as children.  You can never go wrong with a classic.


Where the Wild Things Are: Another classic that has been turned into a movie.  Boys especially love this book. 




Stephanie's Ponytail: This was one of my very favorites as a child.  It teaches kids that they need to be their own person and not follow the crowd.  Great book for girls.



A Bad Case of Stripes: Another book that I loved as a child.  This is a story about Camilla that loves lima beans.  But stops eating them because the kids at school thinks its weird.  When she comes down with a case of stripes, the cure is... lima beans!  Another good story about not following the crowd.




Tuesday:  This was a book that we loved growing up.  There aren't many words so you can make them up.  I loved when my mom or dad read this to me because the story was always different!


Those are just some of our favorites.  What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!