April 10, 2012

Best and Worst

Oh my heavens it has been a looooong time since I last wrote a post – my apologies people.  I know that you are just dying to hear what has been going on in my life.  If I were you, I would be just as mad. A lot has happened over the last few weeks.  And when I say a lot, I mean it.  So here is a recap of the best and worst over the past two weeks:

 Best:     

  •  We met with the ultra amazing Emily to go over wedding details.  She isn’t a professional wedding planner but she should be.  With her help, my wedding will be everything that I want it to be.   I am so excited to have her on board!
  •  Alex, Gabe, Erin and I went to a Jazz game.  Alex found out that if you spent $50 at Fanzz you got two lower bowl tickets to the Jazz game.  So we all got ourselves some new Jazz attire and went to the game.  We didn’t sit by each other – there were 7 sections in between us.  But after the game we hit up Applebee’s for some food and spent some quality time with 2 of my most favorite people. 


  •  Speaking of Erin – the day before the Jazz game, we got together to decorate cookies for Easter.  So that means I spent 5 hours at their “apartment” and spent a little time decorating cookies. I had lots of fun hanging out with Liz, Drake, Julia, Erin and Gabe.  And as always the cookies were delicious and cute!   

  • I got my wedding dress.  It’s perfect! I’m keeping it under wraps until the wedding day so you will all just have to wait until June 20 – well unless you are Penel or Natalie or someone that bugs me enough about it.   

Worst:
  • Alex and I went to register for gifts.  And let me tell you, it isn’t very fun.  We were in the store for 3 hours registering for stuff.  Plus the lady was a little bit pushy so we registered for some stuff that I went home and immediately took off the registry.  And the bad news is that we still have one store to go!
  • Alex has this weird obsession with a clothing brand called The Hundreds.  He will definitely deny this, but he wears a Hundreds shirt at least every other day.  While it might be just a t-shirt to you, it kind of bugs me that he wears them so much.  So I told him that he had to go the rest of the week without wearing one.  And what did little Alexander do? The day after I told him that, he showed up in one. Sometimes he is so stubborn that I want to hit him.
  • Alex and I are getting married on a Wednesday.  I am taking the entire week of our wedding off of work and the following week for our honeymoon.  That wipes out all of my vacation days at once.  So on Good Friday, the stock markets are closed, everyone I work with is at home.  And there I was, sitting at my desk, working on a “holiday” so I can have an extra vacation day in the future so I can go to the ASU game in September… awesome.

Side note - did you notice what word all my worsts started with? Alex...  haha he just might be my problem

1 comment:

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!