November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year.  But do you want to know what is weird? I don't like turkey - and that's kind of a big focus for the Thanksgiving holiday.  But even though I don't like the main dish I still love Thanksgiving.

When I was younger my family and I would take off the weekend of Thanksgiving.  We would go to St. George or Las Vegas - wherever my soccer team was playing their tournament.  It was a lot of fun and we had a lot of adventures.  But ever since I stopped playing soccer there was no reason to leave.  So now we stay home.

This year Alex and I did double duty and went to both of our families for turkey dinner.  It made for a day FULL of food and family.  But what better combination is there?

Sarah and Austin were in from Arizona so Alex's house was full of his siblings.  Good people and a football game and some rounds of Farkle made our day with the Harris family great.

The LeFevre's were in from California so my house was filled to the brim with people.  But all those people mean good times.

I have a lot to be thankful for this year - but I am especially grateful that I got to spend that special day with two fantastic families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!