A lot has happened since February. We traveled: Arizona for a wedding, then off to Hawaii in April, then to Disneyland in June. We spent time with family. We celebrated our fourth anniversary and Alex's 27th birthday. We spent a lot of time working. We watched a lot of Netflix. And we have had all sorts of life's challenges. I will catch you up on some of that, the interesting parts, in future blog posts.
But today is Friday! So here are four things that have happened to us that don't merit an entire blog post:
1. Alex got a new car! Somehow in the 4 years we have been married we have owned 5 cars. We were nearing the end of our lease and made the decision to upgrade his car and then keep it for eternity. He is obviously in love with it. I like the leather seats, seat warmers and the dual sided air conditioning {no more fights over it being too cold}.
2. Our front yard was invaded by gophers. Back in April I spent an entire afternoon planting flowers in our front yard. The next day I noticed some weird dirt mounds but I just cleaned up the beds and didn't think twice about it. A few days later they were back and we had a rodent problem. We got rid of two separate gophers and haven't had an issue since... fingers crossed.
3. My family said goodbye to our dog of 16 years. For the past few years, our beloved Sobe started to go downhill. We noticed that her quality of life wasn't great. She couldn't go on walks, she couldn't enjoy a car ride, and she was too feeble to play anymore. Finally we made the difficult decision to put her down. She has been gone for a few months but it still makes me sad to think I won't see her again. It is crazy that one little dog can mean so much to a person. I sure do miss that old girl.
4. We bought Disneyland annual passes. And it has been amazing. We went for Alex's birthday, are headed back in a few weeks and then again in November. I can't wait to make a lot of fun memories in this next year. Who wants to go?




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking a second to comment, we love hearing from you!